That’s it. I’ve determined that after 2012 has gone bust, 2013 is going to be my best year ever. 😀 Without going into a lot of detail, it’s been quite a rough year, my dear friends. It was a crazy, roller coaster year, complete with lots of ups and downs, twists and turns, and loads of loop-de-loops. Ugh. I’m tired. NO MORE DRAMA!
So, 2013, I hope you have my back, because here are my resolutions:
- Lose weight and get into shape. This is a must for me. I tried last year, and was making some progress until I contracted PARA-pertussis mid-July. This made me lose 10 weeks of my time and all progress I had made. This coming year? Better not happen.
- I’m going to really take the time and focus on my designs. I purchased a calendar and mapped out my first 4 months with tentative plans for getting things moving, as far as working on patterns, testing them, and, ultimately, releasing them. I aim to publish, at minimum, 2 e-books this year. Wish me luck.
- Purchase a Wii. Now, it’s not what it seems–yes, I do enjoy playing video games as much as most anyone else, butI have restrictions that I’ve set in place: Any games that are played in this house will be active. Wii Fit/Fit Plus. EA Active. Just Dance and any of its sequels. You get the idea. I have a feeling this winter is going to be a bad one, and I know myself: I won’t leave the house if I durn well don’t have to, especially if it’s freezing outside, and even if there’s a gym nearby. I also don’t want my girls to become what I call video zombies; anything they play needs to be played standing up and moving. Ahem.
- I’m going to become a lot more active within my church this year. I’m already one of the Children’s Church teachers, and I’ve spearheaded the prayer shawl ministry there. This past year, though, the shawl ministry has fallen greatly to the wayside because a) my heart wasn’t in it; b) there was a lot going on in my life; c) I became very sick (as was posted above) for a long time and didn’t want to contaminate anything I touched. This year? My goal is to complete at least 1 shawl every other month for it. This is my challenge to you, dear readers: If you knit or crochet, please try to make at least one prayer shawl this year and give it to your local prayer/comfort shawl organization. If you neither knit nor crochet, but shop at 2nd-hand shops, be on the lookout for cast-off knit or crocheted shawls. In the past 18 months alone, I’ve rescued 5, of which only 3 could be donated (the other two I’m writing up reverse-engineered patterns so others can enjoy them; one was in pretty rough shape and I kept it for my girls to play dress-up with, and the other had name labels in that were ironed onto acryllic yarn, making a big mess of the corners of what was otherwise a lovely shawl).
- No more pop/soda (whatever you’d like to call it! :D). Tonight, I’m going to enjoy my last bit of Cherry Coca-Cola for a while, because I know it’s one of the main reasons I’m struggling at the moment with my weight. Ahem.
- I’M GOING TO WRITE MORE! There. I said it. I’m going to write a lot more here on my little corner of the ‘net and attempt to make my mark. I have so many ideas I’d like to share with you, and I’m wondering if this is why 2012 has stunk in part (I haven’t written since April!) because I hadn’t the heart to write, but I should’ve done it anyway.
So, that’s what up at the moment. I hope you all had a far better 2012 than I did, and that your holiday season has gone quite smoothly. I also pray that you all have a wonderful New Year, and please be safe tonight!